Friday, April 29, 2011

The Last 24 Hours..


My notes are lying open in front of me, it`s my favourite subject tomorrow!!I decided to do well in this one, but I’m staring at Swami Vivekanada`s poster!! First, I try to make sense of the quote below, and then I remember Vinay in his usual 'pose', and another brilliant line of humour! Then the entire gang screams out Mokkai!!! A small smile breaks the boredom!! A buzz from the phone and a message that I probably dint expect. It’s long and lengthy.. Read it once it gets you emotionally, the second time you try to understand it and by the third time, tell yourself you won’t let this break you!! Study or simply dream for a while??? Obviously study, but after sometime.. :P
Just to make things worse the ‘music maestro’ of the class is playing out ‘Yeh Pal’ from the first Indian Idol!!! Damn it... I give up!! Dive back into time, back to the first day when the journey in college started... not very fond memories... first day silent weeping into my plate in the mess... tears actually made the sambar not so alien to a goan- I had more things troubling me than hostel food.
The first few months in class sitting alone in a corner, I would stare out of the window- Why God, why did I ever choose this place? Today I ask for another 24 hours just to spend every moment of it with the persons who have probably changed my life, and to some extent even changed the person I am.

Chukka`s attempts at adventure and adrenalin rush, Vinay and how he wants to be the ‘Anna Hazare of Bihar’not to forget the PJs, Ashima- the world is against me..urghhhh so many annoying things, Steve- single and his seriousness with studies, Shal -his laptop and his girlfriend, Scientist Rajdeep-breaking and fixing every electrical component on campus!!! Alisha- I can be a sweetheart 24x7 for 365 days a year as long as everyone calls me CUTE !! Magiiiiii.......... POSE, POSE, POSE, POSE and wait....... heyyy, POSE again!! :P and me- well I was the most annoying one (just being modest here, can`t praise myself ryt?)
Well if that wasn’t enough I am suddenly remembered about all the times we got chucked out of class, gosh, we actually miss that!! Weekend getaways and cooking together. Eat outs where every penny is equally divided even at KFC-2. The night adventures bursting crackers and looting the “treehouse”, stealing sugarcane, sometimes just wandering at midnight like we own the place. AND LOADS n LOADS of PICX!!! You could say our clique is self obsessed!!
As my mentors here put it, ‘You`re steeping into the world Chris, Take care of yourself my Child’ I feel like I’m suddenly gonna be alone in the battles to come my way. And yes I am gonna miss that preferential treatment a lot, I openly admit! By the end of fourth year, I like everyone else had to admit that however much I cursed this place it has given me irreplaceable memories, friends to die for, complicated relationships and hell lotta fun!! I refuse to think how the next 24 hours would end because after four years-It’s difficult to not walk into a dirty room or sleep on a pile of clothes. Those moments might never come back.

Moving on is good, but leaving a beautiful life you so got used to, can be heart breaking!!



Some of the best memories I can take back with me!

5 comments:

Search This Blog